Sunday 27 August 2017

Day 408

Over the past couple of weeks I've had several dreams about my first serious boyfriend/fiance that I was with for 9 years until around 12 years ago.  I dont know why, insecurity about the move maybe?

Last night's dream was comforting. I don't remember what it was about but I remember feeling comforted by the familiarity and I liked it. I didn't like it so much when I woke up. I felt a bit empty.

But I soon shook it off.

Today I tackled the headlights in my car. After much sweating and several bruises and at least the top layer of skin from my hands, I did it. I changed the bulbs. I felt good, apart from the stinging hands that is.

I also decided to tackle the outhouse. My kitchen is rammed full with a chest freezer, tumble dryer and mini fridge as I had this great idea that I could make the spider infested shed my "utility room". I therefore didn't sell the aforementioned white goods before I moved and now have nowhere to put them.

The previous owners had kindly left me 20 tins of half used paint from he 1980s and it was stored on some rusty metal shelving units from the land that time forgot. Of course they were covered in spiders dead and alive. It took me about 2 hours just to dismantle one shelf unit and get it into the toxic stinking bin. Of course it was boiling hot so I was covered in shit and dripping with dusty sweat. That has to be someone somewhere's fantasy right?

Alas I didn't get much done. I managed to paint one small patch of the brick interior before I downed tools, had a shower and headed for the supermarket and it's beautiful ice cream aisle.

The rest of the day I've watched a whole Netflix series and eaten burgers and ice cream. What Sunday's are made for!

No comments:

Post a Comment