Monday 14 August 2017

Day 395

So today hasn't totally gone to plan. I've done lots,  I'm virtually ready. My stepdad came over to help dismantle my bed and unplumb the washing machine. I just have to clean work tops, hoover and mop etc in the morning and clear the dog poo in the garden.

I spent a short time in tears on the phone to the mortgage company this afternoon. It was too good to be true that things were going my way. At around 3.30 I was informed that the mortgage wouldnt be released because they haven't had my signed acceptance form. Er yes you have, I told them. Actually no we sent a revised one the following day. No matter how much explaining that I didn't receive it, I have no printer, everything's packed they  just weren't having any of it. I was distraught. In a major panic envisioning doing the 40 mile round trip to my work tonight to use the printer and scanner. I'm so grateful that my stepdad did his second trip of the day to my house and sorted it out for me. Bloody bastard building society didn't think to mention earlier the absence of this form they allegedly sent to me in June. 

But panic over for now. Hopefully I'll have confirmation first thing in the morning that everything is ok. It was a really horrible feeling to be so powerless again.

So here am, in my house, alone. The dogs have gone off to the sitter and its very quiet. I don't anticipate having a very good sleep. For one, having the mattress on the floor is a thing of nightmares for an arachnophobe.

I don't know what to expect tomorrow. Sadness? Joy? I won't miss the neighbours thats for sure. My best neighbour who is friendly and kind and I've cried on his shoulder before, has gone weird. The second to last time I saw him in the street we had a long chat, he was calling me darling, kissed me goodbye like you would with your mates. Last week I saw him and said when I was moving. He said he didn't have time he was in a rush but would catch up with me before I go. Well he must have seen me struggling yesterday with the man jobs I was carrying out on the driveway. Nothing. Tonight I went to put the bin out and I saw him shut the blinds to hide from me. People are seriously fucking weird.

But it's the end of an era. A terrible part of my life ends tonight. Any fuck ups in the future are all mine and nothing to do with that waste of space.

Onwards and upwards!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment