Wednesday 16 August 2017

Day 397

First night alone in my new house was hot, noisy and uncomfortable. I woke with a splitting headache and an aching back again. So used to getting up early with the dogs I was awake at 5.30 and couldn't sleep.

I feel more positive today. Yesterday was exhausting and not the exciting day I wished for it to be. But I loved this house when I first saw it and need to look beyond the cosmetics which is all it really is .

My stepdad and the contractor came over and did a fantastic job doing the emergency fencing so I could bring the dogs home. More needs to be done at a later date but having met the neighbours I dont think it's too much of an issue to wait a few weeks.

I rearranged the kitchen so I could get the dogs bed sorted, my washing machine is plumbed in and after a day of walking around with greasy hair and feeling really stinky I finally managed to have a shower.

The living room has been cleared a little so there's some floor space and even though the carpet is manky, the walls are pink, and it's crowded, it feels much more homely.

The dogs were pleased to see me and have been so well behaved since they came home. They're exhausted after their 2 night holiday. It feels more like home now we're all back together.

I've been without internet all day and have used almost all the months mobile data in 2 days. Hopefully I'll be up and running again tonorrow I feel like I've lost a limb and miss contact with my cyber friends.

I choked up a couple of times today. When I told my mum that by leaving the old house I feel sad that I've left Ronnie dog behind as I now live in a place he's never been to. Sounds stupid but still hurts.

I hope tomorrow will be even better than today and I can start to enjoy my new life.



No comments:

Post a Comment