Tuesday 15 August 2017

Day 396

I'm in. I've moved house. And the only tear I shed was in a fit of exhaustion when I couldn't remember which box the bottle opener was in.

I hardly slept and was awake from 4.30. The removal men were amazing, nothing was too much trouble. I was knackered carrying one bag to my car so as far as I'm concerned it's the best £500 I've spent in a while.  There was a hiccup still with the mortgage. I kept my cool, it got sorted.

I'm too tired to put all the nitty gritty in today's diary but I can bullet point as follows;

* the new house stinks, is dirty and far more run down than i remember
*the shower is a pile of shit and has 2 temperatures, ice cold or skin blister hot and needs replacing asap
*I can't figure out how to turn the oven on so have crisps and biscuits for dinner
*my new neighbours on both sides are lovely. They've all been in for a nosey, kids and dogs in tow.

I'm really disappointed that the previous owner didn't leave me a note. She'd been here 30 years, I thought she would have wished me well. I bought my buyers a card, bottle of wine and a fire log forbyhe wood burner and I hope it made them smile.

I have no curtains up anywhere which is just as well as I'm reluctant to use the lights as this house has a PAYG key meter and I have no idea how much money is left on it or how I top it up. Another job to tackle tomorrow.

For now feet up and TV on to watch a film I downloaded in preparation.

Oh and by the way...I haven't thought of HIM at all today until just now.

No comments:

Post a Comment