Wednesday 2 August 2017

Day 383

When I opened the email from my solicitor this morning I was expecting something along the lines of "ta dah....you've exchanged contracts".

I wasnt expecting to be told there was a problem with one of the forms and that it was vital Gavin and I both sign a new version. My heart sank. I was at work and it took all my will power not to lose it while sitting at my desk. I couldn't believe that this close to being rid of him that I was going to have to message him and go through the pain of getting him to sign and post things again. I sent a begging email back to my solicitor pointing out the HUGE problem that this causes and off I went to a meeting. The last thing I needed.

Then the solicitor calls to let me know "by the way your buyers buyer doesn't have a deposit so you're not going to get one". Seriously? Nobody thought to mention this earlier? Obviously I said that if I'm not getting a deposit then no way am I putting one down so this was likely to cause problems with my purchase. I was so upset and stressed out. Yet again I was getting a big fuck you from the universe.

Then work was just shit. Another meeting, a stupid online seminar and the whole time I was screaming inside. Out of the nlue I get a phone call to say contracts exchanged you're moving on 15th August! I didn't ask about deposits or forms, I don't care how they did it.

So it's done. I finally have a date.

How do feel? Not sure. Relieved, but not excited. Crap day at work and stupid solicitors spoilt that for me.

But I did delete his work number and email addresses from my phone this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment