Thursday 25 May 2017

Day 317

This is really happening.  The people buying my house are having a survey done on Tuesday. I've been worrying they'll pull out but this means they are definitely serious. I hope to God they still are when they get the report!

Today I joined a FB group for the area I'm moving to. I posted asking for advice on do's and dont's and what the area was like for single ladies etc. Had loads of responses, lots of single ladies wanting to be friends. It was nice. It feels like a community and although I'm not a people person this is my opportunity to reinvent myself. Get out there. Try and make some friends. Unfortunately the local news on TV did a report tonight on a housing authority sending complaint letters to all residents in one street about anti-social behaviour..of course its where I'm moving to. Not my street..but still! But I could have that wherever I end up so I'm trying not to be a snob.

I noticed tonight that the dent from wearing my engagement ring for 7 years has disappeared. I don't know when, I hadn't noticed it before. When I first took it off last summer I felt like everybody, strangers included, were looking at my hand without a ring on my finger. It was a horrible feeling made worse by the dent it left behind. A visual reminder that I wasn't good enough for him anymore. Well its gone now and as it turns out he's not good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment