Tuesday 16 May 2017

Day 308

Yawn fest.

Boring groundhog day today.

I burnt a pizza in the oven tonight and now the whole house stinks ready for tomorrows house viewing.

Talking of stinks, I've and been suffering really badly the past couple of days with phantom smells, or Phantosmia according to Google. For years my house has smelt or burning food oil. I assumed it was my crap oven and crapper cooking. Which I always thought was odd because my mums house always smells of it too, only she has an Aga. I've realised in the past few months that the smell doesnt exist. Nobody else can smell it. Just me. Am I nuts or what? I could smell burning all the time. I was getting really cross that nobody else could smell it. It was following me to work. Was the oven smell on my clothes? Colleagues could smell nothing. It was unbearable. So I googled it thinking I had a brain tumour. But I have olfactory hallucinations! Possible causes are many, including brain tumour. I'm too embarrassed to go the doctor as frankly it's weird. Plus it's not always there. Yesterday was unbearable. This morning I woke up and it was gone. It reappeared on my drive to work. Weird as fuck. And pretty exhausting smelling something horrible for long hours at a time. I have a super sensitive sense of smell on a normal day as it is.

So does the house actually smell of burnt pizza? Who knows

No comments:

Post a Comment