Tuesday 2 May 2017

Day 294

No offer on the house. They decided it wasn't for them. It needs work. Surely that was obvious after the first visit but some people are dumb fucks.

I was so pissed off. The shitty agent really led me to believe I was going to get an offer. I could finally start looking at houses or myself. Look forwards instead of feeling trapped in "cheated on limbo".

But I'm still here.

The new estate agents have been round to measure and take photos this afternoon. As soon as my notice is up next week I can go live with them. I just need to decide on a price. They recommend £5k lower than my current asking price. Thats £10k lower than the original marketing price. I don't know what to do. I'm desperate for every penny as it could be the difference between living in an area I feel safe and one I don't. But staying here is doing me in. I just want it over with but should that mean I lose money? I hate having to make all the decisions alone. I really don't know what to do. And if reduce it and it doesn't sell?

My head is mashed and I'm exhausted from thinking about it.

But it's keeping my mind off the fact I've decided to ask for a substantial payrise tomorrow. I'm nervous. I've never asked for a rise in any of my jobs. I've had lots of advice and been given things to read on how to ask for a rise but I've decided to just be honest. It's a small enough company that the MD knows me, my workload and more importantly, my value to the company. I'm going to go in with that. Plus I will potentially be moving a bit further away from the office so I could be looking at a 50 mile round trip which is not an attractive prospect. If he says no then I'll know where I stand and can make any decisions I need to and not base them on the location of my office .

I am so tired and stressed I hope this doesn't keep me awake tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment