Wednesday 3 May 2017

Day 295

I didn't need to worry about being kept awake with thoughts about house prices and pay rises. I slept like a corpse.

A friend was seeing to the horses so I didn't have to get up and go at 4.30 this morning. Yay! I still got up at 5 to let the dogs out but went back to bed. Then I noticed the old dog had a really swollen jaw and throat and was shaky and cold with shallow breathing. Fantastic. Of course I couldn't sleep as I was convinced he was going to die. The vets didnt open until 8.50 and I was afraid to leave him in case the swelling got worse and he choked or suffocated. I had to phone my boss and tell him I needed to take the morning off work.

Not ideal as today was the day I was going to ask for a pay rise. I had my appraisal booked for this afternoon and it was the perfect opportunity to tackle it.

Just my luck.

£70 later and I have meds for the dog which will hopefully sort him out. I arrived at work and at my bosses suggestion my appraisal has been postponed until Friday.   It's fate. I just hope I don't bottle it and actually ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment