Friday 8 September 2017

Day 420

TFI Friday. This week at work has been painfully boring.

Not like my adventures this evening. After seeing to the horses and walking the dogs I was driving home when I came across a car blocking the narrow lane. The lady was trying to stop a loose horse getting past. Of course I went into rescue mode and off I went armed with a handful of mints to help catch the ginger beast as it was really quite dark and an accident waiting to happen. Some time later I remembered I had my dogs and handbag  abandoned in the car so rushed back to check I had at least got the dogs still. Dogs and handbag accounted for, I tried to start the engine to at least let some oxygen into the car but alas it was not meant to be. I had left the warning lights on and they had run my battery down. I could have cried. I flashed back to last year and the 2 or 3 times It happened to me when I was at my lowest. I couldn't believe it.  Thankfully I was able to ask another car behind me to help and the lovely guy, on his way to deliver pizza which must have been cold by then, gave me a push start. When that didnt work another guy came to help and would you believe it he was another pizza delivery guy. We were in the middle of nowhere! I'm so thankful they helped me.  And the horse was caught, unharmed.

I didn't think of Gavin once really. Not like earlier today when I had a text message from a number I didn't recognise. Every time it happens, for a moment I wonder if it's him. Why? Who knows. I don't want to hear from him but deep down I guess I want to feel like I matter and that he misses me. It's so stupid, admitting it here has brought tears to my eyes. If he knocked on my door now and begged me I'd send him packing.  I guess because I don't have anything else. Anyone else. I have an online community and friends but in real life, in person, I am alone.

Incidentally the unknown text was from the pizza takeaway. Is the universe sending me messages about pizza?

No comments:

Post a Comment