Sunday 3 September 2017

Day 415

I battled my demons today and won.

I got my paint brush out again and painted my bedroom. It was a real struggle to keep going, I was willing to down tools after one wall. But I persevered and I'm so glad I did.

I don't spend much time in my bedroom, apart from sleeping, but it's such a relief even just to have moved the boxes out to another room.  The walls are now white not tobacco coloured magnolia. The net curtains are down. All the furniture has been moved and the carpet all hoovered properly. Who knew cleaning a filter in the vacuum made such a difference! It's only taken 3 years to notice the filter compartment.

I've smashed a glass lamp shade, broken a standard lamp pole and got a right hand full of blisters. And my room stinks. But it's done and now I feel I can finally unpack some personal things.

But I'll leave that for another day.

Next job...get my new drill out of its box and hang the blinds!

No comments:

Post a Comment