Saturday 22 April 2017

Day 284

So I had a new estate age round today to give me another valuation and her take on the situation.  She was really nice, really honest with me, knows the area well.
A good fit. Unfortunately she thinks my house is overpriced and should be marketed for £5k less. It's already been reduced so that would be £10k less than my original sale price and the basis on which I made all my future planning.

I cried.

Not proper out loud crying but tears sprung and wouldn't stop and I had to apologise. I was so embarassed. It hasn't happened to me for ages and was a real shock. It took me by surprise.

I also had 3 viewings with the original agents. I don't hold out much hope and I asked for my house key back.

I am going to appoint the new agent. I need to tidy the garden and do some weeding. I don't want to. I've put a message on FB to see if I can pay someone 50p to do it for me. Again don't hold out much hope.

I also decided I should move the living room furniture round as the way I have it is perhaps not how anyone else would and may make it hard for blinkered people to see where furniture could go. But I am one person. How can I move furniture? I text my mum who lives about 20 miles away. She suggested my neighbour. Too awkward.

Fuck it I won't be beaten.

I've moved it all by myself. I dont know if the TV or internet is working yet as there were 50 cables, leads and plugs to undo. But I managed. Lifted it all, dragged it, pushed it. I'm quite proud of myself although now I don't really like where the furniture is but buggered if I'm moving it all back again!

No comments:

Post a Comment