Saturday 31 December 2016

Day 170. New Years Eve

The awful year has finally come to an end.

I still haven't had a reply to my text yesterday and I've considered sending another, but given how lonely I felt when he didn't reply yesterday, I'm going to try not to.

I never celebrate New Years Eve. This year is no different although I have bought myself a bottle of wine, some ice cream and am going to make my favourite dinner, macaroni cheese.

So this year has seen the arrival of my beautiful niece who terrified me at first but I now adore.

It has seen my fiance cheat on me, leave me, treat me like dirt. It almost destroyed me.

It has taken my beloved Ronnie dog from me.

But I have survived. I haven't done it alone. Kind friends, family, workmates and a cyber family have literally saved my life.

My hopes for 2017 are that I continue to grow stronger. I can be forgiven for the occasional blip! I have a house sale to go through and hopefully a house purchase all by myself. I want to try and see this as exciting and not as pant wetting scary.
I want to lose weight, ride my horses and stay positive.

Thank you to all the people that have read my thoughts and given me strength and advice. I wish you the best for the new year.

2016 you can fuck off.

2017 Look out I'm coming to get you!

4 comments:

  1. Would just like to say I have followed your blog since day one and would like to wish you a much happier 2017, you have come so far and I hope you continue to do so! Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Theresa. Knowing that someone is listening to me when I have noone to talk to has been instrumental in my healing process. I genuinely thank you for your support and wish you a happy new year. Here's to 2017 xx

      Delete
  2. 2017 is going to be your year. Don't doubt it. For every challenge, every heartache we get stronger and better. Look forward not back. It's you 2.0!

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Captain. Massive thanks for your support.
      Happy New Year x

      Delete