Saturday 10 December 2016

Day 149

So I said goodbye to my 17 year dog today. He was a pain in the arse, annoying little shit with a big attitude.

I will never forget when I had just brought him home and my then boyfriend was teasing him and he went for him and bit his bum and was hanging off the back of his jeans. A tiny little terrier that would fit in one hand.

It was a horrible experience I will have to repeat. I held him, could feel his little heart with my hand and then within seconds I didn't. It was so fast which I am very grateful for. My parents had met me there so they could take him back to their little pet cemetary at home. I didn't go with him. I wouldn't have coped.

Bizarrely I stopped at the supermarket on my way home then spent the day watching tv. I waited until 5.30 to text my ex in case he was at work today and would be upset.

The other 2 dogs dont seem to have noticed yet, not even his twin. It is very sad. I miss him already.

Chase rabbits in the clouds Ronnie, I love you.

2 comments:

  1. I've read you're blog for a while but just catching up on December, so sorry about Ronnie. He looks like a cheeky dog, hope he's having fun now over the rainbow bridge xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane, thanks so much for reading. He was certainly one of a kind, a very "special" little dog. I miss him. Thank you for your kind words x

      Delete