Friday 14 October 2016

Day 92

It never rains but it pours. Kick a girl while she's down.

I'm sure there are loads of other proverbs I could use in my current situation.

Have had the usual boring day at work, rush home to see to dogs and get up to stables to sort my horses out before dark. Step through the door, turned round to lock it and see a huge bubble in the wall. It is soaking wet. Seriously, are you kidding me? The wall is soaking wet, there's a wet patch in the ceiling and there's water dripping at some speed through the smoke detector onto my new flooring.

I could have cried. I mean WTF! 2 years I've lived here and nothing has gone wrong and the minute he's gone one car breaks down, the other needs to go the garage and there's water coming through the ceiling. It just doesn't seem fair. Is someone playing a really nasty joke on me?

I don't believe in God but someone is testing me. This is beyond ridiculous.

I work in insurance, I arranged the policy. Could I find the paperwork? Could I remember my password to get on the system to get a phone number? Of course not. I had to knock on my neighbours door to ask where the stopcock was in the house. He was literally wearing a towel and some shaving gel so there is silver lining...

I eventually found a number and made the call and now have to sit around waiting for someone to ring me. I absolutely guarantee nobody will ring. I will be without water all weekend. Tomorrow I will probably fall in the mud or a big pile of horse shit and won't be able to have a shower.

I'm thinking of texting him to tell him the boiler is leaking and water is coming through ceiling, ask him what time he'll be round to fix it, seeing as he seems to think he has such a claim to the place!

It's so bloody unfair. I must have been a real bitch in my past life to deserve this!

No comments:

Post a Comment