Friday 2 June 2017

Day 325

Great day today, I'm buzzing.

I got a payrise. The payrise I was dreaming of and never thought I'd get. I can't believe it.  It's not huge money by many standards but for a small independent provincial company it's wonderful. I feel so relieved, and so valued.

I was gobsmacked and got a bit emotional. The managing director also welled up as he knew what it meant to me. Money will still be tight when I move but this will help me so much.

I'm celebrating by giving myself a night off from the horses and I've ordered the first chinese takeaway I've had since the bastard disappeared off the face of the earth.

Dare I say it...things are looking up.

I've survived the broken car disaster. My new little banger got me to work and back with no problems so hopefully it will survive a little while if I look after it. I'm buying a bigger house than I live in now. And it's all mine....well the banks, but mine in theory. I'm feeling optimistic. 

I have the horrendous house packing to deal with. I messaged Gavin yesterday to ask about him collecting his things. He asked if I had a moving date yet...as if that's relevant. Is he expecting to collect his shit on the day we complete on the sale? No doubt he wants to leave it here for as long as possible as the 10 months it been so far aren't long enough for him.

Wanker.

No comments:

Post a Comment