Saturday 18 February 2017

Day 219

Its been a beautiful day here in Devon, it's felt like spring.

I spent a few hours with the horses this morning then took the dogs to my favourite place for a walk. I sat in the sunshine with my loyal companions looking at the view, miles of rolling hills across Dartmoor, and I had a thought....I'm happy! 

It's been a long time since I've felt that.

I've felt better, less crap. But I don't think I've actually fely happy and content at any point in the past 7 months.

It's amazing what a bit of sunshine and unconditional love from my animals can do for me.

No doubt he was working today. Or holed up in his new flat. I don't care. Whatever he was doing I was doing better. My horses whinny when they see me, they love cuddles from me, my dogs follow me everywhere. All the months I've been lonely I haven't really been alone. He has.

I've sat in the exact same spot I was today with him and I feel pity for him that he'll never sit there again. He wasn't an outdoorsy person when we met, his life changed alot. He'd never been near a horse and ended up being "dad" to 2. I don't expect he'll ever get to be around horses again and he would never consider going for a walk on the moors to see the lovely view.

His life has changed a lot too the past months due to his poor decisions. Oh well, his loss!

No comments:

Post a Comment