Sunday 9 July 2017

Day 361

What a day. I feel like I actually accomplished something.

I am lazy by nature. I am in my natural habitat on the sofa, in front of the TV, food in hand.

I went to the horses early this morning before it got too hot. When I got home I sat about for a bit but grit my teeth and head out to the garage again. I've gone from being obsessed about my crap life and cheating fiance to non stop commentary on the state of my garage and the skip! I cringe but I can't help it. It's an enormous task. But I've done it. I lifted and moved and chucked and bagged and sorted. The skip is full. The garage is still rammed but everything in there now has been opened, looked at and sorted and is to be keep.

I did it. Without any help. I overcame the temptation to sit around and bury my head in the sand and I'm really proud of myself. Although I did think I'd have a go at the garden shed but after opening the door and seeing all the greenery that's grown through the roof and is now housing many cobwebs, I decided that was a step too far.

The rest of the day I've spend laughing to myself while being entertained by the hilarious online conversations I'm lucky enough to join in on. The past year it really has been the kindness and friendship of virtual strangers that has kept me sane and I'm very grateful to have "met" them.

Tomorrow is a year since the last day I didn't know my fiance was leaving me. Not sure how I feel about it. I think I couldn't care less but surely that can't be right?

No comments:

Post a Comment